Our inshore program
offers anglers the opportunity to fly fish and or troll for salmon in Clayoquot Sound, just north of Tofino. E
njoy the scenery and wildlife while fishing the edge of one of the many kelp forests
or shallow sand bars within the sound. The vessel is equip with power downriggers and salmon trolling gear as well as fly rods giving anglers a variety of options to target Chinook and Coho salmon.
There’s no style of fishing quite as exciting as surface fishing. Trolling bucktail flies 15-20 feet behind the boat on a eight weight rod is a exciting way to target Coho Salmon. Coho can also be caught on the cast fly when the conditions are right. Lessons in fly-fishing techniques and casting can be incorporated into the day.
Fly fishing trips are aboard the Red Sky for 2020.
|Full Day Charter
up to 10 hours
|1-2 People - $1300
|3 People - $1300
|4 people - $1400
|1-2 People $875
|3 People - $875
|4 People - $925
|1-2 People $725
|3 People - $725
|4 People - $850
The bucktail fly trolls along just below the surface only a few pulls of line behind the boat. Suddenly, from the depths, a Coho salmon lunges at the fly. The Coho smacks the fly, its upper jaw breaking the surface but it doesn’t hook up… An instant later, a second larger Coho comes in from the side, engulfs the fly, and cartwheels along the surface away from the boat as the reel comes alive in your hand…
- NO FUEL SURCHARGE
- We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
- Government sales tax (GST), personal fishing license, optional gratuity not included
- We encourage a 1% donation to match Tofino Fish Guides in contributing to the Tofino Charter Fishing Fleet - 1% for the fish campaign. All contributions go to the Tofino Salmon Enhancement Society - Please let us know if you would prefer to opt out.
- Prices in Canadian dollars
- Rods and flies included
What to bring
- Personal Fishing License and salmon stamp - can be purchased online at the Department of Fisheries and Oceans website. Please print your license and bring it with you on your charter. *Electronic copies are not valid.
- Food and Beverages - You are welcome to bring food and beverages of your choice. RedCan Gourmet lunches can be ordered by calling 250.725.2525
- Layered clothing - It is better to dress warm, as it is often cooler on the water.
- Rain gear - Always important in Tofino, please bring it if you have it. Some hotels offer rain gear. If you are in a pinch we can provide it.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Seasickness medicine - If you are concerned about motion sickness, we find the best approach is to take a motion sickness med before bed the night prior to the charter and a second one in the morning. This seems to produce the best results.
- Please avoid wearing hiking boots or shoes with heavy marking soles. It’s OK if that’s all you brought. Thanks!
Where to go
Saltwater charters depart from the Trilogy dock in Tofino
. Directions are as follows: Enter Tofino on Hwy 4 (known as Campbell Street in town) turn right at Jack's Pub, (Just before the Long Beach Surf Shop) go down the steep hill and keep left at the bottom into the Trilogy Fish Company parking lot. Please proceed down the ramp to the dock. Our vessel the “Red Sky” (red hull) is in the fifth slip.
630 Campbell St Tofino, British Columbia