SafetyYour safety is our first priority at Tofino Fish Guides. We meet and exceed current safety standards set out by Transport Canada.
Vessel Safety - Red Sky - premier vessel
- Transport Canada certified - Small vessel compliance program, (SVCP) registered, Look for the blue decal.
- Registered as a Small commercial vessel in Canada - 'C ' number indicates vessel is properly insured for commercial activity.
- Radar equip vessel - during the summer Tofino often experiences foggy conditions. Radar allows your captain to maintain a watch even in extremely low visibility.
- Powered by twin four stroke engines - having two main engines is an important safety feature.
- Auto inflate collar life vests available.
Captain's certificates - Lochie MacKenzie - head guide
- Certified Tidal Angling Guide (British Columbia)
- Marine First Aid
- Marine Emergency Duties A3
- Restricted Radio operator's Certificate
- Small vessel operating proficiency (SVOP)
- Bridge watch rating
- Freshwater Angling Guide (British Columbia)