Premium Saltwater Charters
Why Tofino Fish Guides?Comfort and stability
Our 27 foot Pursuit vessel is build to yacht grade standards insuring a smooth and stable ride on the open ocean. Flush toilet, back rest seating for up to five. Quiet, clean twin 150 four stroke engines power the boat.
Your safety is important to us
Our vessel is Transport Canada Blue decal certified and registered as a small commercial vessel. Head Guide Lochie MacKenzie is highly experienced in the Tofino area and is one of only a few Certified Tidal Angling Guides (CTAG) operating out of Tofino. Radar equipped vessel; inflatable collar life jackets are available if you like.
Premium fishing equipment
Enjoy fishing with well maintained rods and reels of the highest quality available. Islander and Avet reels, Shimano and Sage rods. Rain gear is available upon request.
Experience and commitment
The 27 foot "Red Sky" is guided by Dave Tom and Lochie MacKenzie and is our first boat out. Additional boats are available. The guides we work with are the finest in the area, experienced fisherman, boat owners, and year round residents of Tofino.
Full or half day?
A full day charter offers the opportunity to spend ample time trolling for salmon and jigging or trolling for halibut, or gives you more time to focus on one species. Having the whole day also ensures that your group will have the advantage of fishing through at least one slack tide and often two. Half-day charters are a good alternative and provide fantastic action. It is always nice to fish the morning bite, but for those who don’t care for early mornings while on holiday, an afternoon trip can provide excellent action.
Family friendly - Children 15 and under fish free when accompanied by an adult.
Please give us a call or an email for winter and early season pricing.
If you would like to book a charter please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include preferred date(s), First and last name, email, cell (optional). We will then email you a receipt with deposit and total amounts. We can also be reached at 250.266.0587
- NO FUEL SURCHARGE
- We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
- Government sales tax (5%), personal fishing license, optional gratuity not included
- We encourage a 1% donation to match Tofino Fish Guides in contributing to the Tofino Charter Fishing Fleet - 1% for the fish campaign. All contributions go to the Tofino Salmon Enhancement Society - Please let us know if you would prefer to opt out.
- Prices in Canadian dollars
- Full day and morning charters depart at 6am/ afternoon charters leave the dock at 1pm
- Bait and tackle included
What to bring
- Personal Fishing License and salmon stamp - can be purchased online at the Department of Fisheries and Oceans website. Please print your license and bring it with you on your charter. *Electronic copies are not valid.
- Food and Beverages - You are welcome to bring food and beverages of your choice. RedCan Gourmet lunches can be ordered by calling 250.725.2525
- Layered clothing - It is better to dress warm, as it is often cooler on the water.
- Rain gear - Always important in Tofino, please bring it if you have it. Some hotels offer rain gear. If you are in a pinch we can provide it.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Seasickness medicine - If you are concerned about motion sickness, we find the best approach is to take a motion sickness med before bed the night prior to the charter and a second one in the morning. This seems to produce the best results.
- Please avoid wearing hiking boots or shoes with heavy marking soles. It’s OK if that’s all you brought. Thanks!
Where to goSaltwater charters depart from the Trilogy dock in Tofino. Directions are as follows: Enter Tofino on Hwy 4 (known as Campbell Street in town) turn right at Jack's Pub, (Just before the Long Beach Surf Shop) go down the steep hill and keep left at the bottom into the Trilogy Fish Company parking lot. Please proceed down the ramp to the dock. Our vessel the “Red Sky” (red hull) is in the fifth slip.
630 Campbell St Tofino, British Columbia
ProcessingAfter your charter your guide will dress your salmon and halibut and can prep dinner fish.
Fish that will not be enjoyed in the first few days should be properly prepared for storage; cryo or vacuum packing prior to freezing is essential to maintain the exceptional quality of your catch. If you are set up to process your own fish, that is fantastic, if not Trilogy Fish Company offers professional fish processing directly off of the dock. Once processed, transport the fish in your cooler, if you don’t have one Trilogy can supply one for you.
Custom Cutting and FreezingYour choice – fillets or steaks, cryo packed in portion sizes from a two person package right up to the whole fish. Once cryo packed your fish will be flash frozen to -18ºC to ensure a quick and complete freeze.
Custom cutting, cryo-packing and flash freezing: $2.50/lb, $.50/bag