Freshwater FishingFresh water bookings are currently on hold as we wait for the BC Government to renew our parks license. The Province recently increased processing time for this permits to 500 days from 30. We are unsure if we will be able to operate FW in 2024, we will hit 500 days mid summer.
Unique freshwater experienceTofino Fish Guides Ltd. offers anglers and adventurers numerous ways to experience remote freshwater fishing in the wilderness rivers and lakes of the western slope of Vancouver Island. We specialize in remote fly in river drift trips departing by floatplane from the Tofino harbour. Drive in walk-and-wade and custom helicopter fishing trips are also available. Our freshwater trips are catch and release and focus on flyfishing, spey and single hand. Flyfishing lessons are included if desired. Spin casting is also an option. Gourmet lunches and licenses are included.
Cruse in style and experience ultimate access to multiple remote rivers and lakes. Fish waters that are rarely, if ever fished while enjoying an exhilarating scenic flight through the mountains of Vancouver Island. Bears, Whales and Elk are often sighted. Fishing licenses and lunch are included.
Click for Heli fishing pricing ►
Take a floatplane from the Tofino harbour to a mountain lake nestled deep in the old growth forest wilderness and spend the day drifting the river to our pick up at the ocean. Enjoy the solitude by kayak or raft while searching for fish in deep green pools and shallow riffles. This is a day that will not soon be forgotten!
Remote river drift - floatplane access
Island steelheading is hard to beat, hunting these illusive sea run trout has addictive properties. The winter rawness of the mountain stream will engulf you.
Escape into the wilderness for the day and target Cutthroat trout, explore the old growth forest and paddle lake to ocean on one of BC's last unlogged watersheds.
With the first rains of the fall the rivers come alive. Salmon slip in followed by hungry trout. Fall is a terrific time to view wildlife drawn by the surge of life.
Our NRS river raft is a safe, comfortable craft and provides guests with a stable casting platform and a great vantage point of the old growth forest that lines the river valley.
Rafting is an ideal way to go with young children & those with low mobility. The oar frame allows the guide to orient the raft in order to set you up for the perfect cast.
Enjoy the independence of drifting down the river in your personal kayak. Never kayaked before? Our experienced guides will offer instruction and assistance.
Whether you're new to kayaking or have years experience this is a fantastic way to travel and fish. Our NRS inflatable kayaks are equipped with comfortable backrests and the flat bottom design ensures stability.
Click for Remote river drift pricing ►
- Our freshwater service is fully licensed and insured
- Lunch and refreshments included
- Personal fishing license included
- Waders, boots and fishing gear included, you are welcome to bring your own
- We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express
- Government sales tax (5%), personal fishing license, optional gratuity not included
- 1% donation to match Tofino Fish Guides in contributing to the Tofino Charter Fishing Fleet - 1% for the fish campaign. All contributions go to local salmon enhancement and stream restoration
- 1% reconciliation donation to local First Nations community initiatives
- Prices in Canadian dollars
- Freshwater fishing licenses - can be purchased online, click here to buy your BC freshwater fishing license. Please print your license and bring it with you on the fishing trip.
- Food and beverages - You are encouraged to bring a lunch, Red Can Gourmet lunches can be ordered by calling 250.725.2525
- Waders and outerwear - Please bring your waders, wading boots, and jacket if you have your own. Tofino Fish Guides can provide gear when needed.
- Layered clothing - dressing in layers is recommended as temperatures can change throughout the day.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Meeting place and transportation will be discussed upon booking.