Saltwater fishing guide - 2023 season, April/ May - September/ October. (flexible start and end dates, mid Jun to mid Sep is the busy season)
Tofino Fish Guides strives to offer our guests high quality fishing experiences while focusing on providing exemplary service. We are looking for an experienced guide to run our Pursuit 255OS which is consistently one of the busiest charter boats in Tofino. Work schedule can be somewhat flexible. Wage is negotiable based on experience. References are an asset. Staff accommodation available.
A successful candidate must be a bondable small commercial vessel captain and possess the following valid certifications.
- Med A3
- Basic Marine First Aid and CPR
- Certified Tidal Angling Guide endorsement and asset
- Guiding full or half day trips (half days are typically doubles in the summer)
- Creating an enjoyable fishing experience for anglers of all levels of experience.
- Fishing a variety of fisheries including Lingcod, Halibut, Rockfish, Prawns, Crab and Salmon.
- Cleaning and filleting fish (typically fish are cleaned and sent to local processor, dinner fish filleted)
- Preparing boat, Cleaning boat, maintaining gear, minor maintenance
- Understanding and complying with DFO fishing regulations
Please apply with cover letter and resume to email@example.com subject "Employment". Letters of reference and confirmation of experience an asset.